In our Commercial Cleaning Sydney Ultimate Guide, you will learn more about office and workplace cleaning.
At DryTech Commercial Cleaning Sydney, we have more than 20 years of combined industry experienced, and we are happy to share what we have learned over the years with you!
In this Ultimate Guide, we’ll go over important daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning tasks, how to clean through the different seasons in Ontario, the benefits of working with a professional cleaning company, and more. So, let’s get started!
DryTech Commercial Cleaning Ultimate Guide to office cleaning
Our office cleaning checklist is designed to help business owners gain a better understanding of the type of tasks that you may need to complete on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. Keep in mind, these tasks will vary depending on your unique workplace environment!
The best way to ensure that all regular tasks are done and high-traffic areas are properly cleaned and sanitized is to work with the professionals, who know exactly how to clean and have the right tools and equipment to get the job done!
Common daily office cleaning tasks
It may seem like a lot of work, but it is important to complete daily (or almost-daily) cleaning in your office or workplace. If you don’t, dirt, debris, and dust can easily start to pile up and become a bigger, more challenging problem. In order to keep your work environment clean and healthier for you, your staff, and your customers or clients, the following daily tasks are recommended.
Daily cleaning is important year-round, but is especially important when commercial cleaning in Sydney during the winter. This is not only because of increased dirt getting tracked in on boots and winter shoes, but also because of flu season! You want to keep everything as clean and sanitary as possible to reduce the spreading of germs that thrive during the winter months.
Daily Office Cleaning Checklist
Garbage and recycle
- Empty all garbage and wastepaper bins
- Empty all recycle bins
- Clean and disinfect toilet bowls, wash basins and urinals
- Clean and disinfect all ‘touch points’ – hand towel rails, hand dryers, etc
- Clean and disinfect all fixtures – taps, light switches, etc
- Wipe and shine mirrors
- Vacuum and mop floors
- Refill toilet rolls, paper towels, hand towels, sanitisers
- Deodorise washroom
- Empty rubbish
- Clean and disinfect sink, countertops, cupboards, shelves,
- Wipe table and chairs
- Clean and disinfect all appliances – microwave, kettle, coffee machine, etc
- Wash crockery, cutlery, utensils etc on sink/bench/tables. Load into dishwasher if one is available
- Empty rubbish and disinfect bins. Replace bin liners
- Dust windows, shelves and cupboards
- Wipe off stains and spills
- Vacuum or sweep floor
- Mop floor with floor cleaner
- Deodorise kitchen
- Wipe surfaces
- Wipe computers, telephones and keyboards
- Empty staff wastepaper bin
- Remove dirty cups and plates
- Polish table and wipe chair
- Vacuum floor area
Offices, Reception, Foyer, Lifts and Other Common Areas
- Vacuum and mop heavy foot traffic areas – hallways, foyers, entrances, lifts
- Wipe smudges on walls, furniture, handrails and inside of lifts
- Dust windows and mirror surfaces
- Polish mirrors and glass doors
- Wipe and disinfect furniture, fittings and furnishings
- Wipe door knobs and handles
Common weekly office cleaning tasks
Along with your daily list, there are some cleaning tasks that should be done regularly but don’t necessarily have to be done on a daily basis.
Completing tasks such as regularly cleaning your windows can actually help employees feel better and work more productively, as a clean window allows more sunlight to enter your office – and that helps improve productivity! As well, emptying the refrigerator and disinfecting surfaces will help reduce germs and nasty smells!
Weekly Office Cleaning Checklist
- Dust all surfaces including walls and ceilings
- Dust and wipe all fittings and fixtures (lights, fans, air-conditioning unit, blinds and so forth
- Treat mould on walls, tiles and floors if spotted
- Clean and disinfect all equipment (photocopiers, fax machine, switchboard, etc.
- Sweep and vacuum hard surfaces
- Mop and disinfect hard surfaces
- Clean and shine interiors of windows and glass doors
- Report any damage to equipment/appliances/power sockets, loose cables/wires etc
Monthly office cleaning tasks
These monthly tasks should not be overlooked, but definitely do not need to be done on a regular basis. However, it’s good to keep track of when they have been completed last, so they don’t get forgotten! It may not be terrible if you forget to vacuum fabrics for one month, but leaving it for a whole year can be lead to some pretty off-putting furniture!
Monthly office cleaning tasks checklist
- Vacuum all fabric surfaces
- Vacuum all vents
- Dust all high surfaces like ceilings and walls
- Clear out and clean hallways, stairwells and back exit
- Clean exterior driveway, porch, balconies, etc
- Clean exterior shopfront, walls and fixtures
- Dry or steam clean carpets
- Dry or steam clean furniture
- Dry or steam clean hard surface flooring
- Polish flooring
- Polish timber furniture and fittings
- Remove stains from furniture and carpets
Every office is unique and there may be some tasks that your business will require that may not be in this list. It is important that you engage the services of a professional commercial cleaner to ensure that health and safety guidelines are adhered to.
A small investment in getting the job done can save your business money. Here are some compelling reasons how a commercial cleaning company can save you money.
- Minimises fire hazard risks
- Reduce workplace injury (accidents, falls, etc)
- Improve indoor air quality
- Promotes conducive working environment
- Increases productivity
- Reduces employee absenteeism and sick leave
- Prolong lifespan of equipment and chattels.
If you are interested in hiring a Sydney Commercial Cleaning company that believes it doing things right, call DryTech Commercial Cleaning Sydney today.
DryTech Commercial Cleaning is one of Sydney’s best commercial cleaning companies. For more information about our wide range of services or a free quote call: 02 9161 1621 or email: [email protected]